Question Shearwater Perdix AI

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Haha. Good luck with that. Probably won’t happen. Everyone prices Shearwater the same.

I have noticed that. Part of their dealer agreement.
I think a Scuba Board Group Buy for Shearwater Perdix’ is in order here.

I have noticed that. Part of their dealer agreement.
I think a Scuba Board Group Buy for Shearwater Perdix’ is in order here.

Wishful thinking. You want a break, buy used. And beware of new, never used. Might be obtained fraudulently.

Yep, the Perdix is expensive. Let me put it in perspective though....

In 1988, I bought my first dive computer, an Orca Edge. This computer revolutionized sport diving. It made calculating dives on tables at your max depth a thing of the past (i.e. it allowed divers to gain a lot of bottom time by calculating their multilevel dive on the fly). In addition, it would calculate deco for you and I learned to use it for deco diving. It did eventually bend me, but that's a story for another day. The computer was: huge, had a small black and white, non-backlit screen, heavy, ate 9-volt batteries like they were going out of style, could only calculate air tables, and for any deco diving, it was crude to say the least! It was also plagued by battery door leaks, until the company came up with a rigid O-ring that fixed the problem.

In 1988, I paid $750.00 for this computer. Today, that would be equivalent to paying $1767.00 for a dive computer! For roughly half that money, you now get an extraordinarily reliable computer that has multiple gas options, a built in compass, air integration, a color, back-it LED screen, amazing deco planning/execution, and incredible customer service.

So yeah, I totally get that the real price is still a bit steep, but wow...we've truly have it so much better now!

Oh, and +1 for just using the Buhlmann algorithm. To buy the add on seems like a waste of money.

Wishful thinking. You want a break, buy used. And beware of new, never used. Might be obtained fraudulently.
Oh, I think I could sell you a Shearwater if it were cheap enough, LOL.

Oh, I think I could sell you a Shearwater if it were cheap enough, LOL.
Maybe, And I think I might report you to the police, too. :)
Perhaps you've missed this thread:

Copy, Bühlmann for the win.

Now if somebody would just quietly drop me a PM and put me onto a Shearwater dealer who would give me a break on a Perdix AI and a Swift Transmitter, I would be thankful.
I could use a new one. If you want one about a year old and a transmitter, shoot me a message.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom