Shearwater Perdix AI not seeing the transmitter

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I had a somewhat similar experience. My transmitter was working fine, after 4 years and 300 dives on the same battery. I figured that, although I carry a spare battery around, since I was diving the Red Sea for a month, I would replace the battery. Put a new one in, and when I got on board the boat, transmitter dead. switched out batteries. Nada. Switched computers. Nothing. Looked inside the transmitter -- spotlessly clean, no corrosion. Between liveaboards in Hurghada, went to the Oceanic dealer there and they tried various things. Nothing. they said that I have to send it back to Oceanic (Pelagic) and that they have some sort of transmitter software that they can use to reset the transmitter or something. Bought a new transmitter there for $US 200! Thank you Dive Store! The moral of the story: Don't change your transmitter battery until you have to, travel with a spare transmitter or a gauge, and a spare battery.

I replaced the battery on my transmitter a couple of weeks ago and it works just fine. Maybe it's some kind of faulty batch. Are you guys using the Shearwater branded transmitter or some other? I'm using an Aqualung branded transmitter. I know, technically they are the same but maybe this helps breaking it down to a certain production batch.

Cheers,
Peter

Back
Top Bottom