Sharpdiver.....Basic settings for the C-5050....??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dee

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Jeff...are your primer settings that I used for the C-4040 the same for the C-5050? There seems to be so many more things to set with this camera, I wonder if I'm missing something.

Do you plan to write a primer for the 5050 and share some of your tips and tricks? :D There's alot of us who could use the help!

I just re-read it, Dee. I don't see a whole lot that doesn't apply to the 5050. You can make the whole thing really complicated if you want to, but I tend to try and keep things simple. The My Modes thing is pretty cool, but most people get it in their head that they can set one of those up for every situation. Maybe I'm a pea-brain, but if I did set up all 8, I wouldn't remember which one did what. I may experiment with that some more and make a cheat sheet to stick on the outside of my housing.

You certainly won't go wrong by forcing the flash, and starting at 1/125 @ f5.6.

I think I've come to the same conclusion myself, KISS is the best way to go. I'm used to the way the 4040 set up so I'll use the same as a base for this one.

My plan for the My Modes was to only use 4 of them and set them for wide angle, macro, S. macro, and ??. I don't think I could remember what all 8 are for either!

Learning a new system was one of the biggest things that kept me from upgrading, it's just not fun to me anymore! Like Beast keep reminding me, why do it if it isn't fun?

BTW, your C-3040 has a new loving home with one of our local divers!

Dee once bubbled...
My plan for the My Modes was to only use 4 of them and set them for wide angle, macro, S. macro, and ??. I don't think I could remember what all 8 are for either!

I use additional My Modes for setting +/- flash because for doing it manually you have to push two buttons and jog dial at the same time and it's not easy if you wear gloves.

Back
Top Bottom