Sharks!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ZinnX

Registered
Reaction score
Hey guys, didnt know where else to post this so I stuck it in here..
I live on the Eastern coast of the US and I want to see some sharks on my next dive, and I dont want to spend a WHOLE lot of money....any suggestions?

you could chum the water but then you might not come out

Stab your dive budy in the leg? Just kidding. The best dive I ever did was at the Maui Ocean center in the shark tanks with 33 sharks. You might look at that option near you.

Hey, thanks for the replies...I kind of wanted to see them in their natural habitat. Maybe some HHs would be nice...

Hi Zinnx,

Maybe I can give you a straight answer. There are quite a few wrecks on the NC coast that normally have sand tiger sharks on them. It's quite common to see them up close. They pretty much ignore you and many times a 6-8 fter will swim within a few feet of you. Some of the guys on the NC section or the NC board (ncdivers.com ) can give you an idea of which wrecks are most likely to hold a few sand tigers and what time of year is best. These sharks are not fed or baited and are acting naturally.

Yep, the Sand Tigers in NC are a great option. Other than that i would go to the Bahamas. Thats the shark capital of the Caribbean region

Snappa charters in RI run shark dives. I don't know if this is near you or not. They are on the internet.

What kind of sharks?

Frank Kohler:
If you meet a shark, your odds are 50-50 instead of 100%"

Your instructor was not quite right. Diving with a buddy can reduce your chance of being taken by a shark to much less than 50/50. On meeting an aggressive shark, first you take out your dive knife, stab your buddy in the leg, then swim away quickly in the opposite direction.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom