SHARKS-SHARKS-SHARKS - Hatteras, NC - 2008

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Drewski

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
Some more of the video I did this summer in Hatteras and Virginia Beach. Since this is stuff I'm copyrighting, I haven't added music yet, but I did order some royalty free tunes tonight!

The second video is the wreck of the Proteus, a 4,800 ton passenger liner sunk by a collision with the Cushing in August, 1918.

I'm switching to Apple's Final Cut Studio 2 for editing, but the learning curve's steep so this stuff is still done with iMovie. I'm amazed at the difference in video production quality between the two programs when they render video. What looks pretty drab in iMovie comes out stunning in Final Cut Pro. I've tried to maximize the settings for render, but it is what it is...

Here ya go and ENJOY!

[vimeo]3014081[/vimeo]

Was that a nurse shark? Looks like you had a great time.

Last edited:
Great video!
I live in Northern California and dive Monterey and north of San Francisco, where the water can be dark. I want to buy a video camera, or a digital cam with video. Do you have any suggestions for a good starting point for me is?
Thanks,
- Mark

Thats a heck of a video. I keep trying to get out there and shoot them. One day soon I hope!

Hi Mark. There are lots of possibilities for you. First thing to consider is your budget, as this stuff can get up there, and of course, we all would love the best.

A compact HD camcorder like the Sony HC9 or Sonry Sr12 is a great place to start. Housings will vary in price and features. My favorite entry level system is either one of the above cameras in a Light & Motion Stingray HD housing. If your budget allows, then you will want to take a look at the other housing offerings for both cameras, by Gates, Seatool, Light & motion, Ikelite or Amphibico.

Good luck, let us know if we can be of more assistance

Back
Top Bottom