shark tooth necklace

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

twinvee dan

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Anyone have advice on putting Meg tooth on necklace?
What kind of wire do you wrap it with, what kind of pattern to wrap, are there any good instructions out there I can get passed to me?

Thanks,
Dan

Depends on how fancy you want to go with it. I haven't been lucky enough to find a meg tooth ( but I've only been tooth diving once, but am planning to go back), but I found several sand, bull and lemon shark teeth and I made a few necklaces and anklets for my wife and friends. I got the clasps, rings and wires at the local craft store, Michaels in my case. I folded a 6" piece of wire in half and twisted the wire to make a ring in the middle, the held it in the middle of the tooth where I wanted it, then wrapped the root of the tooth in figure 8 wraps twice, wrapped it around the base of the ring twice and clipped off the excess with some very small wire cutters. I thought it would just be "rugged" looking , but it turned out to look pretty nice. Enough to where my wife and her friends wanted one too. I ran 4 strands of small leather cord throught the eye of the tooth and the used necklace clamps at the end of these to attach the clasps to. My camera is on loan, but I'll post pics as soon as I can. you can tell better by a photo than my directions I'm sure,

What size and color of tooth? I've seen some nice gold and silver wraps. Fort some ideas look at my site.

URL]

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom