Shark tooth Diving in Venice Florida, Where have you had luck

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Watch the weather for east winds for 2 or more days. This will give you better viz. Get there early, parking is limited. Check Florida West to see if they have spots open on the boat for best chance to get some teeth.

I already called then and they were booked for the time I was there. But they referred me to some guy named Gary. I cant remember the exact name of his business but its something narcosis. Looks like the weather report has gotten worse since I last looked at it, maybe it will get better.

Beach diving is great if you are just looking for teeth, just make sure you swim our far enough, I am heading down there this weekend to get some bottom time and teeth. Alot of us dive off a kayak and drift the boat. Last trip I got a 5 and half inch tooth(gum line has chip out of it), 100 teeth total on two tanks that day.

Dove there Sat, off my skiff, one tank and picked up a little over 60 teeth, average 1-3 inches. Vis was about 15 feet, seas 2-3. was good relax dive.

Any recommendations on cleaning them up?

I dove near the venice pier this past weekend. Found a ton of teeth, not to many big but had a blast anyway. fun time for all

Go to the florida conch forum and look up venice beach. There is all kinds of info and directions there. We usually shore dive at a spot called Alahambra a little south of the 1st posters spot. It is not uncommon to come home with a hundred or so teeth. The viz is hit or miss at times but the diving is always fun! Good luck!

Here is the link for the forum he mentioned: http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/venice-fossil-divers/

try Aristakat Charters, they will try to work your schedule.
capt jamie @ 941-321-0852

dm bob

+1, I went with him a few weeks ago and had a blast.

+2 :)

Happy hunting. Personally, I'd do one day shore and one day on the Aristakat. Simply for the sake of doing it two ways.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom