Shark Food ?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sgt_Nutz

Reaction score
I think I have seen too much Discovery and National Geographic shows about sharks but........

After doing alot of fishing around the Elizabeth Islands(Naushon, ect...) I want to try snorkling around the shores and bays. (Fishing buddies dont dive and promised wife I would not dive alone). I have seen alot of clear water and shallow bays with big boulders that look perfect for snorkling, especially around mid day when the fishing slacks off. Now watching those shark episodes when they are bursting out of the water on seals AND surfboarders AND dummys in wetsuits kinda gets you thinking. Now with that Great White stuck in a certain harbor accross from Woods Hole and the increasing seal population which, I am sure, many other fisherman will confirm, gets me to thinking about those documentaries. Any experieces, opinions, thoughts ect.. out there?

There are over 400 different species of shark and less than 20 would be considered aggressive to humans. A lot of the attacks that involve humans are mistaken identity. So, the odds are astronomical of being attacked. You're more at risk driving to the shore than being bitten.

Back
Top Bottom