http://www.diveheart.org/

Shark fin with Andrew Zimmern

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

sharkbait98

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Hi Everybody,

I just wanted you all to see the email I sent the show " Bizarre Foods with Andrew Zimmern" :

Good day,

I am in the middle of watching your show on the Travel Channel in Canada. Andres is in Beijing and went to a temple of a grand meal, considered to be the truly authentic Chinese food. The show has always been a favourite of mine but when I saw Andrew consuming shark fin soup I booted up my laptop to send you this email. I am hoping that this is and OLD show as shark fin is no longer considered a viable food source and I hope Andrew is not supporting the use of endangered sharks for a source of food and entertainment. Such great chefs as Gordon Ramsay are going out of their way to educate the masses regarding the cavalier way sharks are being wiped off the face of the earth. Please take time out of your busy day and watch this Gordon Ramsay YouTube video : Gordon Ramsey: Shark Bait - YouTube .

I know that many cities all across Canada have banned the purchasing, selling and cooking of shark fins. I hope that your show will come on board with this worthy cause by not supporting any restaurants that serve this endangered product.

I look forward to your response.

And this was my response:

Thanks for your email. And thank you for following me as I sample the world one tasty morsel at a time.
Recently, I've been working on the newest season of Bizarre Foods, which airs Monday nights at 10/9c. It's been a busy year so far, and I've tried to spend every free moment with my family. It's amazing how much your life can change in such a short period of time!
Again, thanks for taking the time to write us, we appreciate your feedback.
AZ
Follow me on Twitter: @andrewzimmern
Like Andrew on Facebook: Andrew Zimmern | Facebook
Sign up for the AndrewZimmern.com newsletter: http://www.andrewzimmern.com/contact/newsletter

Please email your distaste to the show regarding shark fin soup.

I will post as I am going to respond to him that he has not addressed my first email.

Sharkbait98

what is the email and keep us posted

Hi,

I just received this email from Andrew :

AZ is currently out of town, but I wanted to respond to your email. I’ve forwarded your message to Travel Channel. That show aired quite a few years ago and we’ve received many emails voicing the same concern. Your feedback is not falling on deaf ears. Travel Channel understands the negative repercussions of consuming shark fin soup and is considering pulling that whole segment.
Thank you for your email,

Molly Mogren // Director of Communications // Food Works, Inc.
Follow me on Twitter @in2bizarrefoods // Follow Andrew on Twitter @andrewzimmern

I have forwarded this email to Travel and escapde along with this response :

I am hoping that Travel and Escape will pull this episode as it is clearly using a threatened species for entertainment and I hope in the future that you will NOT air any shows displaying the consumption of shark fin soup unless it helps support preservation of these wonderful creatures.

I look forward to your response.

Sharkbait

Now we wait and see :eek:)
Sharkbait

Back
Top Bottom