Shark diving without feeding

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Lamnid

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Hi,

Going to Nassau end of April purely for diving with sharks. However, I'm very keen to see sharks in their natural environment and not to engage in shark feeding - if I wanted to see that I'd just go to the local aquarium! Can anyone reccomend a good dive centre that doesn't do shark feeds but hopes to see sharks?

Thanks! ^_^

Caz

Stuart Coves does the shark feeds. Bahama Divers doesn't.

Afaik those are your only two dive options on Nassau. Landshark Divers does all their boat diving with Stuart Coves.

You can dive the shark feed site at non-feed times with Stuart Cove's if you don't object to their practice of shark feeding on other dives.

If you do book the Lost Blue Hole/Barracuda Reef dive with Bahama Divers, there's sharks there but they don't feed them.

Bahamas are loaded with sharks, just dive and you are most likely to see them.

Seen sharks in Nassau every dive last trip with no feeding. Keep a lookout for more than caribbean reef sharks which are the most seen as I have seen some pretty large scalloped hammerheads there also.

Go to Andros. They are everywhere. Read my review on Coral Caverns. Quick hop from Nassau

Stuart Cove's dive bahamas. Try to get to Ray of Hope, or Sea Viking. Did both today, AGAIN! just cant get enuff of that sharkie stuff!
They also do a nice safe shark dive. If you get there have a chat with Alex. She's the UK shark guru who's observing natural shark behavior and helping put together a thesis on how man's spoiling it all at the moment! Turns out, we aint all that bad!
At Bahama Divers there's normally a couple of Nurse sharks hanging about at the top of the lost blue hole.
Good diving!

Back
Top Bottom