Shark diving on weekdays anyone?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

CAPTAIN SINBAD

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Would anyone be interested in doing some shark dives on weekdays next month from Moreheady City? We need 5 people to charter our own boat and weekdays offer a less busy schedule.

Thoughts and suggestions welcome.

Hey Novasquid. I am thinking 24th and 25th? 24 is a Sunday so we will be able to hop on a pre-scheduled charter. This may head to a shark spot or not. If we can have one or two more the following day (Monday) then it would be our own boat and we can go to the sharkiest wreck. The other option is to do Sunday 31 Aug and Monday 1 Sept. That is the memorial day weekend. I am available on both days.

2 more people and its a go!

How much would it be per day? So i assume even if we were definitely in you need two more people, total of 6?

With discovery diving, their regular day charter is 115 + tank rental I believe. They also happen to be giving weekday special lodging for 6 plus divers. Let me ask them tomorrow what we can get if we get a group of 6. We should be able to recruit 2 more from scubaboard. It is SHARKS we are talking about right? I am sure there are those who would gladly miss two days of work for sharks. Right folks????

i may be up for it as well...

there are a "family" of sand tigers up by the bow of the papoose

there are also a lot of sand tigers at the aeolus.

I have friends that were spearing last wee at 330 and had a bull bugging them.

Alright guys now here is the situation. I spoke with Discovery diving and their smallest boat takes 6 divers. It will be 105 pp if we pay by check collectively. They also offer accommodation for 6 people @ 20 per person per night in their lodge. It is coming out to be 250 per person including accommodation and that is pretty darn good (I must say.) I dont believe their prices offer tanks and weights so those would be extra.

These dives will require AOW certification.

Two days of shark encounters!!! Not bad no?

None of us have our AOW cert so not sure how we could sign up. sounds interesting and something we want to do but the AOW cert requirement seems kind of silly.

None of us have our AOW cert so not sure how we could sign up. sounds interesting and something we want to do but the AOW cert requirement seems kind of silly.

They also have shallower dives but those are not what NC is known for. NC is world famous for deep wrecks that are full of sharks and that type of diving is in deeper waters. You will have ride the boat for 3 hours to reach the dive site, There will be current and ocean conditions are often turbulent. It is also common for boats to not go out due to bad conditions. If you are newly certified diver with Caribbean type dives only then I do not recommend NC without a divemaster for the first dive. The better thing would be to get your AOW in NC and then try the shark dives. They are a lot of fun. It is totally worth getting the AOW for.

I guess we're out then. We have about 75 dives in hawaii, bahamas, and locally in rawlings, have gone deeper than 100, swam with sharks, night dives, crazy strong currents, etc but no AOW cert. We may go with Olympus on one of their full day charters instead and hope to see some sharks.

Back
Top Bottom