Shark Dive Report! - Sat July 31 2010 - Ocean City, MD

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jrmiah

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Shark Dive Report! - Sat July 31 2010 - Ocean City, MD

The day started as a normal 2 tank dive to zone 3 today, after dive 1 and some speafishing I was headed up the line to do my hang. With a stringer full of fish I sat there and out of no where a shark showed up, then two, then three. Turns out a whole school of blacktip and spinner sharks along with some big game fish were chasing bait fish right on top of me. I tossed the first dives catch (the usual flounder, sea bass and tog) up on the boat and jumped back in with my snorkel and my camera and for the next hour we ended up doing a shark dive. All the sharks were between 3-5 feet, the spinners were breaching and all of them were checking us out. At any given time we had at least 12 sharks swimming around us. For dive two we did a quick run back down the wreck but spent the majority of the dive 20 feet down the line enjoying the lucky encounter! Here are a few clips from my camera.

YouTube - Shark Diving 4 - Ocean City, MD - ocdiveboat.com - 7-31-10

YouTube - Shark Diving 3 - Ocean City, MD - ocdiveboat.com - 7-31-10

YouTube - Shark Diving 2 - Ocean City, MD - ocdiveboat.com - 7-31-10

YouTube - Shark Diving 1 - Ocean City, MD - ocdiveboat.com - 7-31-10

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom