Shark Dive at Downtown Aquarium

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Shark Whisperer

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
A group of us went to the Downtown Aquarium yesterday to do the shark dive. All I have to say is...WOW! We had a great time. The sharks swam right in front of you...there were times I felt we were playing chicken...who will flinch first...the shark always won! They have I believe 4 sand tiger sharks. The biggest was HUGE...14 ft 450+ lbs. My heart stopped when I saw it, but it was a gentle giant and just swam right by. The aquarium allows the divers to keep any shark teeth they find, which was cool!
We worked with Jessica and Erin...they were a lot of fun!

I highly recommend this adventure to those who are interested. We plan on checking out the Fish Dive next.

Hey Shark Whisperer, I volunteer at the Florida Aquarium in Tampa and get to dive with the sharks on occasion. They are well taken care of and are very use to divers! I still get a thrill out of diving with those sand tigers, nurse, white tips, and Zebra sharks. The white tips always want to know what you are up to and the sand tigers are scary looking puppy dogs. All it would take is for something to spoke them or challenge them and it is pretty much a bloody mess. We have never had a major incident since we got the sharks. :sharkattack:

Glad you had a great time! They are wonderful animals.:azvatar:

Take care!

The Denver Aquarium shark dive was amazing! Thank you all for the wonderful b-day suprise!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom