Shame and Thanks ...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

King_Neptune

Founder
Reaction score
Heya Everyone,

There is something weighing kind of heavy on my mind that I've been meaning to voice for awhile now and at the same time compliment everyone on their rather mature professionalism.

Although I have reasons why I want to, I will not stoop to using any names, but there are other sites out there with message boards that allow and often promote rude, :monster: rather damaging to the sport and obnoxious posts. Within the last week or so we received an email from someone thanking us for the help and manner in which these forums are run. They also pointed to "another sites forum" that the largest topic of the week was on everyones favorite beer and getting blasted. Now, I have nothing against people having a good time but in the middle of all these posts were people asking legitimate, and rather serious to them, scuba-related questions which just kept getting ignored. Beyond that, I really don't see how that is a positive promotion of scuba. ;-0 It wasn't like this was a one-time thing either. This "certain site" is rather well known for its "flames" and heated, non-scuba related subject matters. :grrr:

There are times and places for these sort of "flames" :yelling: but if it is not helpful and actually damaging or hurtful to the image of the sport or personally demeaning it probably should be reserved for those places designed for it. It is for this reason that this style of forum was chosen for this message board. Categories help keep related topics together and it is easier to find the information or help you are looking for or sharing with others.

It is our goal to keep this quality within the forum as we feel this is the best avenue to help others and promote the advancement of this great sport that we enjoy. Whether its to help protect our environment, to help protect our right to enjoy this environment or to just better our knowledge of scuba diving, we hope that you find this forum enjoyable and easy to use. We always welcome your input and will try to continue to provide the best service we can.

All of us would like to thank those of you that give your time to answer questions and help others and also we would like to thank those of you that ask question as this promotes knowledge between all divers and brings unity to a sport that many feel has slipped into a stagnant and "clickish" or "elitist" style of attitude. We want to do our part to help and we want to thank all of you that are doing your part!

=-)

Hi Everyone,

I was just wondering if maybe the contents of this post have something to do with all the comments about dissatified viewers at "that other board"?

Just curious.

Cheers,

I'm one of the refugees from that "other" board and I find this board to be so much more professional that I may not even visit the other board for a month or more, and that will just be to see if they have straightened out their act.

This board is all business and the sense of comaraderie will keep me a faithful viewer for a long time...

Keep up the good work everybody...

Happy Diving...

i checked it out yesterday after a couple of weeks absence and it wasn't as bad as it has been in the past. Still, as drizzam says, this board is more professional.

Heya everyone,

We always want to improve these boards and want to know if any of you have any input as to features that could be added to make your time spent here even better, any ideas?

=-)

Hi Everyone,

Thanks King Neptune, this board has been very informative for Margo and myself, as we continue to learn the fine art of safe scuba diving. I love the way the contributors to this board go out of the way to NOT antagonize someone that has a different opinion. The maturity level on this board is a rarity, that hopefully will spread to other forums.

As far as features I'd like to see.... A seperate catagory for equipment reviews written by members of this board. Also if possible a catagory or sub-catagory of the Equipment Technician for specific safty related information or equipment manufacture's recalls.

We are very pleased to be members of this board, and hope as we become more experienced divers, we will be able to help the then Newbees out.

DSDO
Steve & Margo
Jr. Underwater Explorers

Paddler_46,

Its funny that you mention the stuff about the "manufacture's recalls", this is exactly the kind of service that DETA will be putting out. I will keep bugging them for more info on when this will be avaliable.

=-)

Just found this board a few hours ago and after reading through many of the threads, I agree with everything stated above. I just joined here and after lurking on the other board for quite a while, I never quite felt like being associated with it. You won't find me here every day but when I on a board, this will be the one.

HI GUYS

Welcome Aboard Tom,

We look forward to your participation...

=-)

Back
Top Bottom