shallow depth overexposure

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

usub

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
On a recent dive holiday, I took a lot of photos with my G9 and 2 x YS-60 w. heinrichweikamp digitaladapters.
When I'm shoting with the flashes on shallow depths (4-7 meters) and good vis, the natural light seems to cause my pictures to be a bit overexposed, whereas on greater depths I don't see the problem. I've tryed both automatic mode and shutter prioritised (Tv) mode and using a short shutter time like 1/500 helps some, but the picture still seems too bright.

Any suggestions and explanations are most welcome

You have several options here. First, you can try shooting completely manual. If you are doing this, you should not only change the shutter speed but perhaps think about changing the aperature as well. Second, make sure your camera is set at a low ISO. Finally, if your strobes are mounted on positionable arms, move the strobes back as far away from your subject as you can get them.

These are just ideas. I hope they help.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom