Shaker Plant dive trail

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Lake Travis Scuba

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Thanks to several swampers Shaker Plant now has a dive trail circuit to simplify exploring the remnants below. A loop was completed today taking you from the mooring line over the ledge and down to remaining supports, a impellor, past rock piles and over concrete slabs to the vertical pipe and back to the mooring. A north line connects several large footings, a vertical pipe and a horizontal pipe following the line to a current depth of 88'.

We will continue to explore for more remaining segments of the plant but this is a great start and easy way to explore this historic site. A mapping project is underway to document the remnants, with a goal of certifying the site as a historic location.

It was a fun day of diving, testing new equipment (JamesR - did you clean out the dry suit :shocked2:), recovering a Atomic Frameless mask (Texas Torpedo gave up hope we would find it) and improving the site.

If you haven't explored Shaker Plant, it can't be any easier.

Thanks to everyone who has worked on the site (LVX, TLessard, IanR33, Bogrady, Zinc, KValve, Dmoore).

Last edited:
The MIA mask was found by the geocache, further away from the mooring block than I had expected.

So David's mask was found? James posted his condom issue on FB for the world to see! :shakehead:

nah just my friends list...was all good before the unfortunate equipment issue.

Robert, yes all clean :D

I did find brandon's finger spool, which is cool.

Oh it's all good. All in all, not a big deal. No more fb posts - jinxed myself lol

Back
Top Bottom