Sevylor XK 2020 DiveYak for sale

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

peterthewolf

Registered
Reaction score
We are now a multi-kayak family, and I am going to sell the DiveYak. New was $700. I'll sell it for 450.

It is a very durable inflatable kayak, in great shape, treated well, with no leaks. I have stored it indoors and have rinsed, dried and aired it well. It has had only light use, I think about 8 trips.

It is billed as a double. We've done that, and it is ok. But one person with scuba gear is better. It paddles comfortably, and is extremely stable. It's essentially a zodiac in a kayak body. So stable that I would come up from an abalone dive, wearing my weight belt, take a good kick upward and land on my butt on the gunwale with a bounce; the boat would tilt less than 30 degrees then stabilize. I (and seas) have never been able to capsize it.

I bought their motor mount, and used it. I'll include the mount. They say you can put a small gas outboard motor on it, and that might be about 15mph. I used my electric trolling motor (MinnKota Riptide 40). At a silent, no-fumes 5mph, that's almost 3 times my own paddling speed. That's been really cool to get extra distance to a dive site or fishing, or just kick back after a dive and be chauffeured home!

Photos are not posting. I can send you some if asked. If responding, please back it up by email to me at this address, because I can't seem to get SB settings to notify me of postings. Thanks.

pwolf1@wolfskills.com

-Peter

Sevylor's description:
This is a true hybrid of a dive boat and the Queen of the Sevylor Dive Fleet!
It is propelled by a double-bladed paddle and is a very stabile and responsive dive kayak. You can equip it with a 3 1/2 hp outboard motor to make it a sleek sport dive boat with two tail fins capable of reaching speeds that no conventional boat would be capable of with such a small motor. It is a glass bottom dive platform with a removable center dive hatch, which allows the diver to exit and enter the boat through an opening at mid-ship. The cover of the center floor section can be removed to expose a clear, see-through dive hatch. The XK2020 is equipped with 20 stainless steel D-rings for securing a set of double tanks and all other dive gear. It has Velcro tie downs for a kayak paddle, spear gun, shock stick, fishing pole, and dive flag. It is capable of mounting a large compressor for hookah diving. High quality, composite fabric PVC with polyester core. Double wall construction. Outer hull and inner tubes. Easy to repair! Dive hatch with polyester cover. Hatch can be raised (pivots on a hinge) and allow the diver to enter and exit the boat at midship See-thru floor. Remove the Polyester cover from the hatch and the Diveyak (tm) transforms into a "glass bottom boat. Dive hatch is locked in place by 3 brass snap hooks. 5 separate air chambers, (4) controlled by Boston Valves and (1) new Jumbo valve. Stainless steel D-rings to secure diving equipment or kayak paddles 2 large drains on the bottom and multiple drain noles midship. Bungee cargo net to secure various equipment. 2 handles for lifting. Kayak bucket seat with high back support and a fanny pack belt with 2 water bottle holders and a ditty pouch. Can be removed from the seat and attached to divers waist.

Capacity 2 people - 600 lbs Dimensions 12 feet 10 inches x 3 feet 10 inches

Very-VERY Interested...scrounging for the $$$ and developing "drive-plan"...how to best contact?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom