Seven Seas VS Pindito to Komodo?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

viva1

Registered
Reaction score
I think we've narrowed down our LOB choices to Seven Seas and Pindito for a July, 2009 trip. The Seven Seas leaves from Labuan Bajo on Flores and starts strip from there, having more time in Komodo area itself. Pindito sails from Bali and takes 2 days to get to Komodo stopping to dive at Satonda, and Banta on the way and Sangeang and Moyo Island on way back.

I'm not sure which would be better--I like variety and enjoy seeing things on land as well as diving. Has anyone done it both ways and could give me a comparison?
If not, any thoughts and info you could give me about either trip (pros and cons re: rooms, food, dive masters, etc) would be most appreciated.

Thanks.

i would never recommend(our entire group was unanimous in their displeasure with this operation!!) the pindito based on a nearly disasterours trip our group(full boat photo charter) took last feburary. 6 days into our trip, the boat hit a reef(near molsool) @ 0400 in the morning(some guests thrown off their top bunks in complete darkness), prompting an evactuation by the indonesian coast guard to sorong. the boat did not take on water(although suffering significant damage to the bow sprit and mast) and motored back to sorong for repairs without us( i went to the bridge and they had no gps or other navigational equipment and a poorly stocked emergency supply kit!!!). the accomodations were adaquate(except for one room which had no air conditioning the entire trip!!!). the service onboard was great, however, the food was mediocre and not plentiful(they ran out of main dishes every nite!!). the divemasters and zodiac drivers were terrific inspite of the pompous and arrogant owner(eddie) who was on our trip. stay away from this operation!!!!!!! our group is returning this november(ambon-sorong), this time on the seven seas!! there is much more i can add to this mini report; email or drop a message and i'd be happy to talk further,,,,,,,,,

2 of the three divemasters resigned shortly after our trip,,,

reefman
key largo
reefman9@yahoo.com

3 years ago, we dove Komodo with Kararu leaving from Bali. The trip from Bali and the diving along the way is a waste of time. It's not horrible but the park is much better. Seven Seas looks like a great boat and gets great reviews. It was one of two to which I had narrowed my search.

3 years ago, we dove Komodo with Kararu leaving from Bali. The trip from Bali and the diving along the way is a waste of time. It's not horrible but the park is much better. .

I agree with this view, after making the long Bali-to-Komodo boat trip last July on the ill-fated Baruna Adventurer (which I do not recommend). Satonda Island is okay -- one of the divers described it as an aquarium -- and it has a interesting park supervised by a parkl service officer with a neatly starched shirt, but I think that the better diving is nearer Komodo.

I think we've narrowed down our LOB choices to Seven Seas and Pindito for a July, 2009 trip. The Seven Seas leaves from Labuan Bajo on Flores and starts strip from there, having more time in Komodo area itself. Pindito sails from Bali and takes 2 days to get to Komodo stopping to dive at Satonda, and Banta on the way and Sangeang and Moyo Island on way back.

I'm not sure which would be better--I like variety and enjoy seeing things on land as well as diving. Has anyone done it both ways and could give me a comparison?
If not, any thoughts and info you could give me about either trip (pros and cons re: rooms, food, dive masters, etc) would be most appreciated.

Thanks.
Both are good trips - prefer the diving east of Sangeang although Satonda is an interesting experience to do once but twice is a bit much. Would suggest flying into LBJ and doing a trip starting and finishing in Komodo (some of the bigger live-a-boards will go out to Banta and Sangenag but not all - Seven Seas. Bookings (looking at web site are fairly solid up to and including mid July (I guess that says something good about the operation) Pindito is a great boat as well and whilst reefman had a bad experience (which is most unfortunate) - Eddy was one of the founding fathers diving in Indonesia I fell continues to run a good operation and probably did the right thing by the guests by ensuring their future safety by getting them off the boat - very surpires about the comments about gps and radar - last time I saw the boat it all of this equipment and inf act is a part of the national survey requirements,

Back
Top Bottom