Setting up video light on PT-059 housing shoe

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

xvistrma

Registered
Reaction score
Hi! I am setting up my TG-6 in the PT-059 housing with a video light on the housing shoe for the first time. I got this ball clamp from Amazon to attach the light to the shoe
I guess I have 2 questions.

1-how much mobility is this supposed to have? Am I supposed to be able to adjust the light vertically and horizontally?

2- I am worried about everything staying together...My dive light to ball can unscrew when I try to move it if the ball clamp is too tight, and the lower ball clamp from housing can also unscrew. Plus the ball clamp itself seems easy to accidentally touch and adjust the tightness? I don't want to lose a light my first dive!

Thank you so much!

Attachments

• IMG_20220125_141630_952.jpg
    IMG_20220125_141630_952.jpg
    56.1 KB · Views: 92
I have a couple of pieces of MiniFocus hardware and it is good quality. I understand the temptation to try not to spend a lot on hardware but save your money and buy Ultralight right from the start, you will not be disappointed.

Question #1 - You should have more than enough vertical movement with that setup. The horizontal movement will be more limited due to the clamp. If you need more movement the try replacing the pictured clamp with a Sue's Knuckle clamp. The Sue's Knuckle has cut outs on the lower part of the clamp that allows for a greater degree of movement.

Question #2 - Again, this is due to less expensive hardware and some of the limitations created by it. The clamp does not have to be super tight, you should not be ruining the "O" ring making adjustments. Try putting some red Locktite on the ball screws to keep them from coming unscrewed. The red locktite works really well and needs to be heated to remove it.

Jon

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom