Setting up my GoPro 8 Black

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Setting up my new Father's Day GoPro 8 black. Plan to carry it on a floaty handle with PolarPro filters. What would be the go-to settings for most diving between 15'-40'? 1080p at 60fps? Standard, Activity, or Cinematic? Worth shooting in 4k or would that finish off the battery and fill the card too fast? Anyone tried the Hypersmooth or low-lite features underwater or the zoom?
1080p 60fps is more then enough to start with. 4k does drain the battery faster, takes more space and requires a powerful computer to process. I use 7 but it is very similar to 8. I would start with this:
FOV - Wide
Protunes - On
EV - 0
White Balance - Auto
ISO min - 100
ISO max - 800
Sharpness - Medium
Colour GoPro.
You might have to reduce the ISO max depending on water conditions and if it's a sunny day. The more light there is underwater the lower the ISO max should be. Actually, just released a video about the GoPro underwater settings. Hopefully it will help:

Back
Top Bottom