Setting up doubles

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

gbaillie

New
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I want to set up doubles with two Faber STEEL 12L tanks. I have a pair of Scuba Pro X-Tek twinning bands (171mm diameter) and a 7" APEKS manifold. Will these items fit ok? Sorry for mixing SI and imperial, but these are the items as described. With thanks

I want to set up doubles with two Faber STEEL 12L tanks. I have a pair of Scuba Pro X-Tek twinning bands (171mm diameter) and a 7" APEKS manifold. Will these items fit ok? Sorry for mixing SI and imperial, but these are the items as described. With thanks

can you post the part number of the manifold? If the bands fit the tanks, then that's fine, and I imagine they're a standard spacing. The Apeks manifold should be a standard spacing assuming it's new

can you post the part number of the manifold? If the bands fit the tanks, then that's fine, and I imagine they're a standard spacing. The Apeks manifold should be a standard spacing assuming it's new
14878655039401646400603.jpg

@gbaillie the specs for that product from Apeks say it is designed for 171-178mm center spacing, which matches the bands, so as long as the bands are the right diameter for the tanks, it should go. Just go slow with it

Looking at the specs for Faber 12L Steel tanks the diameter seems to be 178mm so hopefully that will be ok. Thanks for your help.

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom