Setting up a GVRD dive club

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'd settle for regular dive days/nights where people commit to certain dates at the beginning of the week online -- that way if I show up, I know I have a buddy.

I'm not sure bylaws are necessary until a club is in possession of assets, collecting dues, etc.

It might not hurt to have some sort of a code of conduct considering safety, messaging, dealing with other divers, dive sites, the general public etc. This would help grow the club and the sport/community as whole. I'm really only thinking of the kinds of things people on this message board seem to do anyways. IE helping out new divers, providing information whenever possible, always promoting safety etc.

Beyond that the normal scheduled dives, special group discounts on boat dives, sorting out group discounts on air fills and all that sort of fun stuff that comes from working as a mob.

One of the things I find really annoying in this city is keeping track of who has trips where/when. Keeping track of 4 different websites is taxing, especially when none of them have RSS. It gets worse with stuff out of the city.

Dale, Todd, Hunter, Kyle, and myself are members of the Chilliwack dive club (although it's in Abbotsford). We are pretty well the only members that dive an a regular bases. The club does do an annual camp and dive in August to Quadra as well as other non diving related functions such as go-carting, bbq's, etc. Twice a year we usually book a pool session for fine tuning skills. If you look at the signature on Dale C's profile there is a link to the club.

Then there's the Sintax604 weekly "early evening/night dive" gang of hooligans, if you're interested.

Besides, what do you need a "club" for, especially if you can't build a cool fort for it?

Are you implying that you wouldn't be interested in a cool fort?

I misread BradnerBoy's post as "Besides, what do you need a "club" for, so you can build a cool fort for it?". Sounds like we are all agreed on the fort.

Still up in the air about the bylaws? :wink:

Back
Top Bottom