Setting out to by a new computer

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

If I were buying a new computer, it would definitely have an OLED display. I think Liquivision and Shearwater are the main front runners using this technology. I have no preference over either. I use a Liquivision Xen but also have tried a Shearwater Predator, and it was great too.

The clarity is incredible and display layouts are not fixed, so there are a lot of customized display layout options that you can switch between.

Also consider resale value...

Why by a cheapie computer that devalues 85% in two years, versus a good computer that retains 85% of it's value for 2-years.

If she follows her current plan, there will be no need to consider resale value at all. A computer that can go into gauge mode is something she can use along with her high end computer. I also use a Uwatec bottom timer whenever I dive with my Shearwater Predator.

Back
Top Bottom