Setting Help for inon S-2000's with Olympus PT-E06

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

globalmark

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
Hi
I just Need a Little Info/help setting up and understanding how the Inon s-2000 strobes work with a Olympus PT-E06
I have Now x2 s-2000 strobes Connected to the Housing with Optical Fibre and Both seem to work on most settings on the flash and the camera,

However what are the correct Settings I should use on the strobes S-ttl or Manual ?
What is that Little Magnet and magnet screw I get with the strobes Do (do i need it ?)
What settings should I use on the Camera and what flash Power should be used.
Any other recommended setting also would be great

Any and all information is Helpful thanks to all - I have read a few other posts but cannot find Directly relevant to my Camera with 2 inon s-2000 strobes.

Mark

I cannot help you with the Oly dSLR, well, I could, but others know more on that but I do know and understand in particular the S/D/Z series Inon strobes.

The magnet screw is very simple. On your S2000 when the S2000 is selected to Manual mode the magnet if installed tells the strobe to NOT look for a preflash (from your camera) and if the magnet is not installed then that tells the S2000 to EXPECT a preflash (from your camera).

When you select the S2000 to sTTL the position of the magnet is overridden. The magnet, in or out, is only relevant in strobe Manual mode or with the D/Z series also EA mode.

Your Oly SLR allows you to select the strobe preflash on or off in some operating modes. The mode and preference you select for your Oly camera then determines the position of the magnet switch in some auto modes like Av/Tv. Usually in Manual camera exposure mode there is no preflash ever and in Program modes there is always a preflash.

Remember, the sTTL selection on the S2000 overrides the magnet position or put another way, the magnet being in or out has no bearing on sTTL mode. In sTTL mode the S2000 MUST have a preflash from the camera to operate, expose and sync correctly.

N

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom