Servicing Your U/W Housing

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

N
what is a control gland?

The things you guys call buttons?

The buttons have a stainless or chrome plated brass shaft that passes through an O-ring or O-rings, that is the "gland" of which I speak.

Camera Control Parts

Now, really, did you think you had me? Try harder. :no: I built a housing in 1968 with kit you could buy in Skin Diver, it came with two glands. I put my Rice Crispy camera in it and was able to take a few pics. Someday I will scan my thousands of slides or maybe hire somebody, maybe an illegal to do it for me.

N

why not follow the crowd then and say buttons! :rofl3:
you shot slides!!!! :shocked:

why not follow the crowd then and say buttons! :rofl3:
you shot slides!!!! :shocked:

Yes, and I have thousands of them, many are underwater. Slides produced true colors when properly exposed rather than those greenish tint matte finish photos so popular for decades. I have the equipment to scan them but I have better things to do like pester you scubaboardies (wink) with calling things by their correct terminology. :lotsalove:.

N

this kind "correct terminology" AFAIK nowadays is used only by surgeons & morgue techies :D

Back
Top Bottom