Servicing Scubapro in bangkok

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The tools are also sort of expensive, with several of them being specific to ScubaPro (such as the regulator cover tool), and if you don't already own a torque wrench, that's a pretty big outlay as well. If I added up the cost of all my tools (including torque wrench), ultrasonic cleaner machine, courses, etc. I'm pretty sure it would come to 30K-40K or maybe more.

I seem to recall having spent around £250 on equipment, admitedly about 5 years ago so maybe costs have increased now, also a few things I did have already, that is around 12500 bt.
Having four regulators that are regularly used, at 4000 - 5000bt per service it wouldn't take long for me to show a significant saving.
Also ever since I have serviced my own have not had one problem with my regs, so added peace of mind that the job is done properly, and the ability to do the servicing at my own convenience.
For the small amount of time taken to service my gear, well worth the effort in my opinion.

To The OP, I read your cost of the regs as the service cost was more than what you paid for them. So ignore point 4. Sounds like your leaning towards option 1. If you decide to go with the rebuild option, if you start now just keeping your eyes open for good deals on the tools I suspect you can do significantly better on those costs than what a previous poster quoted. Take a look on the DIY forum for discussions about rebuilding your own, the value of torque wrenches etc.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom