Service parts DS5 Apeks/Zeagle

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Bazooka Joe

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Okay,

I picked up a couple Zeagle regs from a friend of a friend of a friend who is broke. (who hasn't got a broke scuba friend) I have what has been told to me that they are DS-5 regs one made by Apek for Zeagle (it swivals at the top) and the other made by zeagle(non-swival).

My Question, I heard through a dealer that Zeagle is phasing out the parts for the Apeks model so getting service parts with be hard if not unheard of.

Any truth to that rumor?

thanks in advance

It's my understanding that Zeagle is no longer offering overhaul kits for the old Zeagle-branded Apeks regs.

If you have one of the old Zeagle-branded Apeks regs, you can use Apeks overhaul kits for servicing. They can be found online in various places. The kits often pop up on Ebay. Prices range from $30-$40 for a first stage kit and $17-$25 for a second stage kit.

Since you bought the regs secondhand, the free-overhaul-parts-for-life policy is no longer in effect. You will have to pay for the overhaul parts regardless of whether you DIY service or have a local repair shop do the servicing for you.

It's my understanding that Zeagle is no longer offering overhaul kits for the old Zeagle-branded Apeks regs.

If you have one of the old Zeagle-branded Apeks regs, you can use Apeks overhaul kits for servicing. They can be found online in various places. The kits often pop up on Ebay. Prices range from $30-$40 for a first stage kit and $17-$25 for a second stage kit.

Since you bought the regs secondhand, the free-overhaul-parts-for-life policy is no longer in effect. You will have to pay for the overhaul parts regardless of whether you DIY service or have a local repair shop do the servicing for you.

Yeah, I figure that much. Nice reg... maybe a nice trade in!! :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom