Service kits for Atomic regulators

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Mcarlson

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Do all or most Atomic regulators use the same service Kit? If I get a B2 will I still be able to get a rebuild 20 years from now?I'm thinking about a new regulator, and I want something that will last as long as my current (and still functioning perfectly) SP MK10/G250.

Hello Mcarlson

Yes, all our regs use the same service kits for their First and Second stage. Although I cannot predict the future, we have used the same kits for a while now with no new plans on replacing or producing specialized kits. We try to keep it as uniform as possible with our regs and service kits....Thanks Mcarlson for contacting us!

Ryan Kenney
Huish Outdoors

awap - Great question. I'm not replacing the Scubapro, I'm replacing my wife's regulator. Her reg was several years newer than mine, but the service kits are not available for it anymore. It was "retired".

I recently switched to an Atomic SS1 as an octo/inflator, so I thought it might be cleaner to go with a B2 regulator and pass the Scubapro to my wife.

The Scubapro still works GREAT and has never given me the slightest problem. However, I'm willing to consider Atomic because the guys who started Atomic were the ones who designed my Mk10/G250.

---------- Post added March 16th, 2015 at 05:15 PM ----------

I also noted that Atomic responded to my post in less than 90 minutes - that's a good sign!

awap - Great question. I'm not replacing the Scubapro, I'm replacing my wife's regulator. Her reg was several years newer than mine, but the service kits are not available for it anymore. It was "retired".

I recently switched to an Atomic SS1 as an octo/inflator, so I thought it might be cleaner to go with a B2 regulator and pass the Scubapro to my wife.

The Scubapro still works GREAT and has never given me the slightest problem. However, I'm willing to consider Atomic because the guys who started Atomic were the ones who designed my Mk10/G250.

---------- Post added March 16th, 2015 at 05:15 PM ----------

I also noted that Atomic responded to my post in less than 90 minutes - that's a good sign!

I don't think you will ever have any problem servicing something like a Mk10/G250 or any of the current Atomic regs. Most, if not all, balanced barrel poppet 2nds use the same rivet style LP seat and standard o-rings. Even the exhaust valves are fairly standard. The Mk10 will take a fairly standard HP seat although Scubapro has done some mods to make the techs job easier. I am not that familiar with Atomic, but knowing they grew out of Scubapro designers, I suspect they are doing the same. If you avoid designs that require proprietary service parts like some of the newer Scubapro regs (Mk15/20/25) , there is little reason you can't expect to be able to pass them on to your grandkids even if the mfgr discontinues parts support.

Back
Top Bottom