September Honeymoon

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

IDMike

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hello,

I've got a honeymoon coming up in mid-September! Yes, some gorgeous woman was foolish enough to accept my marriage proposal and now I'm in need of help planning an awesome trip. I am a NAUI Scuba Diver with Nitrox, but I will have my Advanced Diver certification by August, she will be a NAUI Scuba Diver by then and we're hoping for a busy diving summer here in Sandpoint, Idaho. Neither of us dive dry. Our budget is pretty small, but since this (hopefully) only happens once in a lifetime, we're trying to make this the best trip we can do at this point in our lives. I lay my task before you for two reasons:

1. I'm not incredibly familiar with this area. I mean, I grew up here and I did my certifications in Lake Coeur d'Alene, but I haven't branched out from there yet. Could you please recommend some of the awesome places you've been diving in the Western States/ Pacific Northwest? We were thinking of driving to Washington or Oregon, but Montana and any surrounding states aren't off the table. As long as it's suitable for a fairly inexperienced open water diver I'll put it on the list and research the crap out of it.

2. I'm not an awesome trip planner. The last trip I took was to Seattle. I slept 1 hour, then worked a 4 hour shift before I left and drove across the state of Washington at night. No sleep for 27 hours, then I crashed on my friends living room floor. It was a fun trip, and I enjoyed my dive at Alki while I was there, but it could have been much better and it's not the kind of experience I want for our honeymoon. It would be great if any of you could offer advice on how you usually plan your diving trips, or any kind of vacations. I have a few relatives who are willing to pitch in some money if I "let them in on the plan", but the truth is I don't have any sort of plan yet, and I don't know where to start. When I want to go somewhere I basically just bag up my stuff, get in my Jeep, and go.

I've only been on a couple of vacations and my parents/relatives never went on any sort of honeymoon so I really don't have any idea what the rest of the world does in these kind of situations. All we know is that we want adventure! And then a cozy place to sleep it off.

Thanks for any help :)

Back
Top Bottom