September Austin Happy Hour

Are you coming?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

NadMat

DIMWIT Swamper ;)
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I say we have it at Finn's again, unless others have somewhere else they prefer, I would have said C&C's but will be there on the 10th after the trash pickup at WP. And per the SASS thread & poll we should have it on the ninth. So if you have other opinions on date and time, express them in the SASS poll, or here (but please vote and post location choices in SASS thread to make future happy hours a more regular thing).

Let it be known here if you are planning on attending this one by your vote in poll.

OK I'm baaackkk. Been up "North o' the Red River" for a bit over a week. Dropped my oldest (the non diver) back at college in Villanova and then took my time driving back. I had the pleasure of diving Dutch Springs in Bethlehem PA on Monday and Tuesday. Very nice. I recommend it if you're ever in the area. Count us in for the 9th. I like the name.

I'm a definate maybe on the 9th. I've got to be at the lake extra early for the clean up on the 10th. If I've got my ducks in a row, I may be able to meet y'all for a little while.

Them ducks don't line up for crap, do they Mack? :D
I posted following in SASS poll thread, copied here to make sure everybody has chance to see it.
Well, so far looking like Finns again, although Macks Pizza Garden suggestion is a good one too. I say 7:30 again, early enough to let Mack get home and rested for Clean Up Dive the next day (and the rest of us attending the clean up dive).

So, anybody got any problems with Finn's again at 7:30, on the 9th?

And remember, those who show get to choose next location, so you out of town Austin area swampers be sure to show and put in a plug for your desired location. Or if unable to make it, post or pm your desired choice so will at least be under consideration.

A reminder...this Sat is the UT and Ohio State game .....I believe it is a 7:00pm game....so you don't want to be anywhere near the stadium or possibly anywhere near Austin lol that day....the fans that are coming in from Ohio are out for blood....so it is going to be interesting day to say the least..... I am going to be in front of my TV wearing burnt orange....:D

I'll shoot for October. Have a great time.

parrotheaddiver:
A reminder...this Sat is the UT and Ohio State game .....I believe it is a 7:00pm game....so you don't want to be anywhere near the stadium or possibly anywhere near Austin lol that day....the fans that are coming in from Ohio are out for blood....so it is going to be interesting day to say the least..... I am going to be in front of my TV wearing burnt orange....:D

They can't be any worse than the OU fans that come down here to Dallas every October....LOL :laughing:

ScubaTexan:
They can't be any worse than the OU fans that come down here to Dallas every October....LOL :laughing:

Uh yeah they are :11: ....they have been alloted 4000 tickets for Ohio fans, we have heard of numbers up to 40,000 fans are coming....they have the Frank Erwin center and Stubbs bar-b-que leased out to watch the game from....also you know what 6th street is gonna be like after the game....drunk angry fans showing their :mooner: it is going to be a great game....of course not without controversy 2 UT players were arrested on Monday smoking pot and a gun in the car....they will not be playing Sat....oh well let the games begin lol excuse the hijack:D

For those few who aren't at the UT game or tailgating, look forward to seeing y'all at Finn's tonight at 7:30... topics of discussion, location for next months SSASS, Clean up dive, and undoubtably UT game, plus whatever else we feel like.

Small turnout, me and bro' sat at bar on deck and watched the game, kept asking waitress about other swamp divers, no luck. We hung till half time, then ran home to watch rest of game where beer was cheaper. So I guess it's up to us to pick next location, I think I'll go for a south location, not sure which one yet. Well, pizza's here and hopefully UT will wake up for the 4th quarter. Gonna watch rest of game, eat pizza and hit sack early so can get up for Clean Up dive @ WP public tomorrow.

Back
Top Bottom