Sept 27 Venice Beach Fl Dive

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

GetWetMikeG,

Finding these sites are easy. From I-75 heading south get off at the Osprey Exit it used to be exit 36 I think it's 200 now. This will merge into US 41 south in Laurel. Head south until US 41 splits into Business and bypass. Merge right onto Business and go over a big draw bridge. To the right of the bridge (before going over) is a nice dive shop that can give info on sharks teeth and they also do charters for them. Anyway, go over the bridge to the second light this is Venice Ave. Take a right and head west, this will lead you right into the main Venice Beach if you take it to the end. Your first light you come to on Venice Ave is Harbor Blvd. take a left heading south and the fifth street on your right is Alhambra take this to the end for the the dive site, street parking available. To find the pier stay on Harbor Blvd. and it will be well marked on the right hand side about 3-5 miles down.

Hope this helps it reads a lot more difficult than it really is.

Wildbill:cop:

This is a land mark post also for me.........#200, yeah!!!!!

My wife and I just finished doing the alhambra site. The vis was very good, about 25 ft. The water temp was 76, got a little chilly towards the end of the dive as we were wearing 2.5mm shorties. We found 353 teeth with quite few nice ones. Only one meg and it was the upper half of about a 3 incher. Pretty good day all in all.

Chris, my Girlfriend told me a couple came out of the water while I was down, we just missed each other. I did pretty well too, 1/2 a 5" meg (split down the middle), and two mastadon teeth. 153 other teeth. Beautiful day, but the vis was dropping by the time I got out.

Sorry we missed ya Reefguy.... I try to always talk to everyone down there and try to pick up hints. Some talk freely, some are like trying to pry open a clam with a popsicle stick. If that was you about 100 yds north of the 2 drainage pipes, then I saw your flag. Maybe we can hook up in the future. We are hitting the charter boat on Tuesday, hopefully the weather will co-operate. Glad to hear you had a good day, too bad we only found half of what we were there for, hehehe.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom