Sept 27 Venice Beach Fl Dive

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

fgray1

GDI Diver
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
A bunch of drivers from Tampa bay area are going to Venice beach on Sept. 27 To do a pleasure dive and look for some sharks teeth. All are welcome. We will try for an incoming tide to avoid any problems. Dive depth is 22FT max at this location.
This is a very freindly dive. Great for new divers. The location of the dive will be along the Venice Peir. Best of all it's FREE.
All you need is your GAS AND GEAR. Parking is also free and there is a resturant right there if you get hungery.
Contact me for further info if you need to.
fgray12@tampabay.rr.com

Serveral times
As a matter of fact I'm going tomorrow with a couple of friends.
Theres a nice little reaf just off shore about 250 ft out in 15 Ft of water.
Was there last week Vis was about 10 Ft. There was about 12 other divers in the water . Saw some new coral formations big Crabs and star fish. Had a great time. 2 weeks ago I found a fossilized sharks tooth about 2.5in long by 3in tall.

Hi, fgray1. I go to Venice beach about every weekend, usually Sundays, though. I already have plans to be there on the 28th, but I'll see if I can get babysitting for the 27th too.

This will be a great dive. Tide will be incoming from about 9:30 am to 2:00 pm. I plan on making it a 2 dive day. But each to his own comfort level. The main thing is to have fun meet new divers. Most of all no stress.

fgray1,

Where are you diving in Venice? There are several spots and everyone calls them all Venice. You mentioned a Restaurant nearby so I'm assuming you are at the Pier. Walter and ReefGuy and I have always gone to the a site just south of the Main Venice Beach, it's at the end of Alhambra st.

Wildbill:cop:

I've been diving right along side of the pier. There's a reef growing just off shore to the north of the pier. And I was there a few weeks ago and found a good size tooth as well as about 15 others that were smaller. The peir is nice cause the beach is never crowded and there are showers there to rinse off if you want. The pier acts as a water break too. Easy in easy out.
You can back you vehicle near the beach and unload your gear, then park in the parking lot. any way thats were we'll be going if your interested.

I've dove there once. If you look north about 1 mile, that's the alhambra spot. You should see several dive flags out there (there were 7 last sunday). It's about 1/4 mile south of the public beach, where there's always 5 or 6 dive flags on weekends.

The reef continues northward, and can be found at the alhambra site too, also in 22' of water.

Just South of the alhambra spot, and out about 1/2 mile, you should see several boats anchored with dive flags out. That's called the boneyard. I've never been there (too far out, need a boat), but been tempted...

Really nice, relaxing dive.

I am thinking about doing a Venice Shark tooth dive this weekend. Coming from Orlando. I know how to get to the Venice area but where is the area everyone is talking about that is so good in terms of finding teeth. Can someone give me the exact directions say coming from I-75? Also, - looking for a dive buddy - anyone going to be there - if so, what time and what area?

In another thread, cbulla said he's trying to get there this weekend. I'm trying too, but I won't know until closer to the weekend.

As for the site, do a search for "alhambra". Walter has given easy directions right to it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom