Separating twins

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

claymore

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I recently puchased a set of OMS 112 tanks with OMS valves and, I am assuming, an OMS manifold.

I want to seperate the tanks and use them as singles for the near future.

My question is how do you get the manifold off of the valves. I am not sure if the center section of the mainifold screws in to the fittings on the valves on or if it slides on or into the fittings on the valves with an O ring seal and are held together by the bands. Or do you unscrew the fittings attaching the manifold to the valves and they will rotate on the center section.

I know that I will have to get plugs for the tank valves to go where the manifold was.

I attached a picture of the manifold if it is of any help.

Thanks for any information.
claymore

Attachments

• 11-30-08_2058.jpg
    11-30-08_2058.jpg
    265.1 KB · Views: 68
I recently puchased a set of OMS 112 tanks with OMS valves and, I am assuming, an OMS manifold.

I want to seperate the tanks and use them as singles for the near future.

My question is how do you get the manifold off of the valves. I am not sure if the center section of the mainifold screws in to the fittings on the valves on or if it slides on or into the fittings on the valves with an O ring seal and are held together by the bands. Or do you unscrew the fittings attaching the manifold to the valves and they will rotate on the center section.

I know that I will have to get plugs for the tank valves to go where the manifold was.

I attached a picture of the manifold if it is of any help.

Thanks for any information.
claymore

Claymore,

Drain the tanks, then slide off the bands.

Loosen the two large hexes on the manifold, on each side, these will both be right hand thread.

Your manifold is a "captured Oring style"

OMS offers "caps" to close the manifold outlets once you remove the center section.

Look here OMS Valves & Manifolds http://www.OMSdive.com

Tobin

Do as Tobin says, however one suggestion. If you do not plan to dive the doubles I would suggest sell the manifold (and bands) and buy "regular" K valves. Or if you want an H-valve Look here:

OMS Valves & Manifolds http://www.OMSdive.com

Oh and BTW the cylinders were made by Faber for OMS.

Last edited:
It might not matter to you but plugging the valves will give you a right nand and left hand valve. You may or may not want to go that route.

You could save the money you would spend on plugs/caps and I could send you two right hand k valves, and you could send me the manifold (I'll even pay all shipping). PM me if you are interested.

I'd extend the same offer but up it by sending you 3 convertable DIN/K valves for your manifold if you really want to trade.

Your manifold is probably worth $150 or so while DIN/K valves go for a lot less. The bands holding the tanks together are also worth anywhere from $30-$100 depending on what they are.

In this case, posting the manifold and bands in the classified section of the board would be in your best interest.

Thanks for the information.

I should now be able to seperate the tanks by my self.

Just to make it clear. I am not interested in selling the manifold and valves at this time as the valve plugs may be comming from the original owner and I may decide that I want to use the tanks as doubles again. I got the setup for a very reasonable price and figure I can afford to buy new valves if I have to.

Thanks again for the help

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom