Semi-dry wetsuit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Pblazer

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hey Guys,

So im looking to pick up a semi-dry wetsuit, and Im not looking to drop loads of money on a dry suit just yet. I have talked to some local dives and they say that I should be fine in a semi-dry. I know there's the Pinnacle with the merino wool, also seen the Waterproof Taurus, Bare 8/7mm Velocity or the Henderson 8/7mm Thermoprene. What have you guys used and recommend?

Cheers,
Patrick

Hey Guys,

So im looking to pick up a semi-dry wetsuit, and Im not looking to drop loads of money on a dry suit just yet. I have talked to some local dives and they say that I should be fine in a semi-dry. I know there's the Pinnacle with the merino wool, also seen the Waterproof Taurus, Bare 8/7mm Velocity or the Henderson 8/7mm Thermoprene. What have you guys used and recommend?

Cheers,
Patrick

Semi-dry = Wet

Wet + Canada = Cold

If you are going to buy a drysuit eventually, buy it now.

You can get decent "Typhoon TCS" for $499 (+S&H) right now on sale here in US. An offer one can hardly resist I think.

have a look at "atlan" they are made in canada ..i use a atlan nordic 7/5 semidry no problems diving the great lakes ...they are made for northern cold water use

Atlan Productions inc.

Semi-dry = Wet

Wet + Canada = Cold

True but i dont mind getting wet, i work as a lifeguard so i live in the water anyways. Plus most of my dives will be in the summer so the water is not to bad.\

Cheers,
Patrick

like i said look at atlan ...you won't freeze ..been diving in my semi dry for 10 years

I just got a Mares Isotherm semi-dry, but I haven't used it yet. It seems to be high quality, and I've heard good things about it. It has rolled seals at the ankles, wrists, and neck, with a dry zipper across the back, so it ought to stay fairly dry. Some people claim they can wear clothes inside and they stay dry. The only complaint I've heard is that the zipper is impossible to zip (or unzip) alone. I can confirm that it is tough, even WITH an assistant.

marky-d

I use the Mares Isotherm. I love it! far warmer than any other wetsuit i've ever used, and it doesn't give you that bulky feeling you get with a lot of really thick suits. To be honest, i've never rolled the seals under to make the proper seal, so I do get completely wet, but since the water exchange is so limited I stay very warm....except when i'm sitting on deco, i tend to get a little cold when not moving. The zipper can be a bit of a pain, but if you keep it waxed and have a buddy who's zipped you up a few times it's not a big deal.

Semi-dry = Wet

Wet + Canada = Cold

Can't agree more. Get a drysuit and forget the semidry.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom