Semi-dry Suit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

the_cat_keeper

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hi, All,

Does anyone know where can I get a semi-dry suit in Singapore, whether ready-made or tailored?

Thanks in advance,
Cat.

Try a Neil Pryde store.

they make decent semi-dry's. or if theres a LDS (i dont know singapore) check if they might be able to order one in for you.

Your local wetsuit dealer is only as far away as your mailbox. :wink:
The trick is to guess your size correctly the first time around so you don't spend more on postage than you do on a suit if you need to return it a time or two.
Are there any brands/sizes that you know will fit you?

Bob3:
Your local wetsuit dealer is only as far away as your mailbox. :wink:
The trick is to guess your size correctly the first time around so you don't spend more on postage than you do on a suit if you need to return it a time or two.
Are there any brands/sizes that you know will fit you?
That's a tough trick, :) I've a 0.5mil wetsuit that really doesn't quite qualify as one... so I don't really know if there is any brands that would fit. Over here, I also see more wetsuit for men and finding one that fits the curves is going to be difficult, I think (unless I can lost enough weight :D)

Anyway as it went, my boss cancelled my vacation and I never made it to that particular diving trip. :(

measure yourself and find an online dealer who will cunstom tailor suits, send em your measurements and it should be allll good :D

sucks about your dive trip being cancelled.

the_cat_keeper:
That's a tough trick, :) I've a 0.5mil wetsuit that really doesn't quite qualify as one... so I don't really know if there is any brands that would fit. Over here, I also see more wetsuit for men and finding one that fits the curves is going to be difficult, I think (unless I can lost enough weight :D)

Anyway as it went, my boss cancelled my vacation and I never made it to that particular diving trip. :(
Bummer about the trip cancellation, that's the wrong way to solve the suit problem! :shakehead
I can fill you in on losing a lot of weight real fast, (some folks call it "food poisoning") but you wouldn't have the energy to go diving afterward. :11:
Maybe lie down on a large piece of paper & have someone draw your outline ...
About the best recommendation I can make is to make sure the suit material is of the "super stretch" material (or whatever the particular manufacturer is calling their version). It compresses more at depth but the extra form fitting abilities may sometimes make up for that more than enough.

Bob3:
I can fill you in on losing a lot of weight real fast, (some folks call it "food poisoning") but you wouldn't have the energy to go diving afterward. :11:
Maybe lie down on a large piece of paper & have someone draw your outline ...
I may to do either of that soon :( We are going to the Puerto Galera, Philippines in Feb and water temperature is supposedly in the low 20's degC.

if you go to PG, why don't you buy it there. I bought Waterproof 5mm. not bulky, very flexible for 5mm. 3D cutting, great fit.
3mm, 5mm and 7mm are available at Asiadivers, think it was US$225-
sometimes they don't have particular size at the shop, so you should ask them to stock your size before you get there then you can try it on. BTW, Feb water temp. in PG is 23-25c.

www.waterproof.se

Hi, Live in Sin,

thanks... I may consider going to PG to get the wetsuit. My buddy is planning the trip and I am not really sure where we are going/ diving at each location (Anilao vs. PG). :)

I saw a Camaro on Internet that I like and am debating between a 3mm and a 5mm. I like the 3mm but the 5mm makes more sense for diving at PG; I hate to be cold. I've just bought a ~1mm rash guard and perhaps I could get away with the 3mm? :wink: Anyway I still haven't found a dive shop in Singapore selling Camaro wet suits :( and mail-order a wetsuit left much for desire.

Sigh... this is getting too strenuous for my tiny little brain.

Feb in PG /anilao, definitely you need at least 5mm. if you buy 3mm, then you should get 3mm hooded vest. if you want to have order made wet suits, google Acroman in Singapore. I had made 3mm hooded vest at Acroman and wore with 3mm full before I got my 5mm.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom