Selling ALL my gear!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hey, y'all, lighten up on the poor guy. It must have been a tough decision.

Besides, y'all don't know about her. She may have mega-bucks stashed away or in the family, so there may be a scuba gear upgrade in the near future.

:ijs:

Thanks guys I really appreciate the vote of confidence! I have hit that age and been with her for a while now, and this is what I want to do. Believe me a few years down the road Ill be diving again, its just now we are moving in together and planning on getting engaged in April when i take her to Cabo. With all this going on I need all the extra cash and since Ill have no time to dive, I would rather someone else enjoy the gear I have than let it sit in a closet collecting dust. Come on guys, buy my stuff and help me out!

Hah! I kept my dive gear and sold my house instead. Bought the ring and now with no mortgage I have lots of play money for gear.

Well, if it were me I'd rather go on a nice dive honeymoon (after eloping). Get an Anniversary ring later (but be sure to do that.) Life together is the adventure and joy of each other. But best of luck in any case.

Buying a diamond and buying her scuba gear was the worst decision I ever made. Good luck with your sale, I only have one item left to sell.

Are you sure she really wants a mega-bucks ring instead of other ways you could use the money together? And are you sure she'll feel good about the money coming from the liquidaton of a hobby you presumably love? If you're unloading all your gear, I hope you at least know for sure that the end result will be well-appreciated.

If it was me, for example, I'd probably say something like, "It's wonderful that you love me that much and that means everything to me, but you did WHAT???" :shocked2:

Back
Top Bottom