Sekiu Jetty - 6/3/06

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MXGratefulDiver

Mental toss flycoon
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
Cheng and I went out to visit some friends in Port Angeles this week-end, and spent Saturday touring Neah Bay and diving Sekiu Jetty.

This was my first time diving the jetty, and it quickly moved into one of my top two or three "local" dive sites ...

The dives were shallow ... we maxed at 30 and 31 fsw, respectively. but there was a ton of life among the kelp forest and the rocks. I saw several species I had never seen before. Unfortunately, there was heavy plankton in the water, and most of my pics didn't come out well. I'm posting a short photo show of the ones that came out most "reproducible".

Also, water temp was surprisingly warm ... five degrees warmer than Cove 2, in fact.

I MUST go back ... soon and often ... :D

http://photoshow.comcast.net/watch/SR3Yd2hD

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

Those are pretty cool Bob!
So, when do you wanna go?! :)
K

Very cool - like the nudi's

Well, I'll be diving it again in 7 weeks ... when I go to Neah Bay with the Emerald Sea Dive Club.

I'm thinking to organize a camping/diving trip for mid to late September ... wanna go?

FWIW - two of the jellyfish species, and the "worm" (tomopterid) in the picture show were all listed as deep water, pelagic species. Wonder what they were doing in a kelp forest in less than 30 feet of water. There were also lots of colonial salps in the water ... but I couldn't manage to force my camera to focus on them well enough for a decent photo.

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom