Seemann Sub regulators

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

vjongene

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
While shopping online for a new reg for my son, I came across the Seemann Sub line. This is a major brand in Germany, but not really well-known anywhere else, at least to my knowledge. Anyway, I ended up buying a kit with a SL24 first stage, a SL400 second stage and a SL60 octopus. I have not tried diving with it myself, but my son seems quite happy with the setup, which he has dived down to 50 m in cold water. The old Aqualung Calypso kit he was diving before was definitely not up to performance in these conditions. The SL24 is an environmentally sealed, balanced piston-type first stage, and the SL400 a lightweight, balanced second stage. Seemann Sub also makes a higher-end kit, with the TX35 first stage and SL600 second stage. They claim performances very similar to the Apeks line, but the prices are about 30% lower. I have attached pictures of the TX35 and SL24 first stages. More information (in German) can be found on the Seemann Sub Web site.

So my questions: has anyone else experience with the Seemann Sub regs? Are they maybe sold under different brand names elsewhere? Any opinions on specs relative to the Apeks line? I know I should try diving it myself, and certainly will (I normally use an Apeks ATX200), but I am curious about other opinions.

Back
Top Bottom