Seeking Thread Sizes for DA Aqua Master

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Nemrod,
I come from a extensive industrial tooling & supply background. Its simply not very cost-effective to buy screws and fasteners in onesies or twosies and pay $0.50 or $1.00 ea when a box of 100 can be had for $6. One could even sell off 90 pcs and STILL be ahead of the game and have lunch money! lol!

If I had more time - and perhaps when I finish nursing school next May I'll do some of my own 'sourcing' for diaphragm materials, springs, etc. and offer my own kits. With my then extenisve nursing income I'd be able to afford insurance in the event any unfortunate diving mishap ever occurred. Right now I just have other priorities - but I feel having multiple suppliers to choose from creates some healthy American competition for sales!

Nemrod:
Thanks Bryan, it is wonderful that you give all that info, I have access to much of those specialty fasteners but I prefer to get them in a Complete Rebuild Kit from the folks that did all the leg work to get ALL the parts as close to original as possible, folks such as yourself and several others. I think it is important to support small companies that do such things as this because then the more complex items like reproduced hoses and mouthpieces etc then also become possible.
My time is expensive and short of supply, it simply is not cost effective for me to scounge up individual items or for me to make my own when I can get a complete set for reasonable pricing from you and others. I suggest that others do the same. Thanks to all who support vintage efforts. N

Thank you Nemrod. I spend a huge amount of time and money on R&D and pride myself on making quality parts that are as close to the originals if not better and are affordable for everyone. It really irks me when naysayers and other BS artists try and short cut or play down all the efforts that are put forth by many of us in the community. It's a shame that others do not think as you do. If they did there would be a lot more harmony in the Vintage Equipment circle.

It is important to support those people who are committed to keeping Vintage equipment in the water. You are supporting the community that supports you. Nobody is getting rich off vintage scuba. The people who have taken the time to research and source out parts and in Bryan's case even have molds and parts made have done so out of a sincere love and appreciation of vintage scuba. If all you see is nuts and bolts then you are missing the entire point of diving vintage gear. The generosity and commitment of the Vintage diving community should not be overlooked. Happy diving.
-Ryan

Ryan, you are absolutely correct. Bryan has done great work for us vintage divers in getting no longer avaible parts manufactured. I have worked with him on several of his projects. If it weren't for Bryan my old gear would still be in the back of the closet where it had been for 35 years. I hope all of us can work together to promote vintage diving for the love of it and history. I have been more than willing to share my time, knowledge and skills to help anyone interested in vintage diving who may need help. I had hoped Scoobiedooo had come to this realization and offered my help in this forum for his second attempt at vintage diving but apparently that is not the case.

Tom

All,
I'm not interested in marketing parts and kits to get rich. I'm looking at doing it for fun, improved diving, and perhaps improved ideas. I'm sure Bryan has done much in promoting vintage diving and has invested considerable time and effort in doing so. I'm not trying to 'take' anything away from his accomplishments.

My point is merely that perhaps someone else can 'run' with an idea for another version of such and perhaps offer more selection or availability of certain items.

Gentlemen, competition can be a good thing for everyone involved. It requires everyone to put forth their best products and efforts.

I'm sure there is enough of business for everyone involved with clients around the world for everyone.

I too am willing to share MY ideas with all when released. Perhaps MY vendors will find an even 'better' way to solve some of these age-old issues.

There is ALWAYS room for innovation and if man was merely satisfied here on Earth we would have never set foot on the moon.

I plan on offering an interactive web site of ideas, info, video's and diagrams online for anyone to download, copy, use for themselves w/o fear of lawsuit, etc.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom