Seeking suggestions for "affordable" camera & housing purchase

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks all for your input.

In the end I got a good deal on an EM5 III, and will pick up a Nauticam housing. It's still a lot of money for me, but any other equivalent option was going to be considerably more expensive. I did consider an EM1 II, but the extra size added cost to the housing and it's that little bit less portable when travelling. The EM5 also uses the same battery as my previous E-PL5, so I even have spares of those.

Please let us know how you get on with the Olympus EM III in Nauticam housing/ports - I am looking at upgrading to a 4/3 from my Sony Rx100 Mk4 and the Oly Em5 III is top of my list. Hopefully Olympus lenses start coming down as people sell them and move to other systems.

I shoot an EM-1 MkII in a Nauticam, I upgraded from an EM-5 II also in Nauticam. The Nauticam housings are great - the vacuum system works really well gives great peace of mind. The EM-1 II is night and day to the EM-5 II in the AF department, I've been really happy with the output. I hear the EM-5 III is reported to be better at AF than the II though.

As far as olympus disappearing that could happen to any camera and you'd be up for a new housing or searching for a second hand example if your current camera dies on any system - you do have the back up option of transferring lenses and ports to a Panasonic system if you needed to. The m43 lens choice is really very good!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom