Seeking Lake Travis dive buddies.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Todd

Registered
Reaction score
Hi all:

In February, I was fortunate enough to be introduced to scuba diving in Tahiti! I have now completed my Open Water certification, and thus get to dive in picturesque Lake Travis whenever possible.

My only problem is that I need to find friendly folks with whom to dive. I recently purchased all of my own equipment, and my schedule is absurdly flexible (except for early mornings :-]).

If you have any interest in diving Lake Travis and need a dive buddy, please drop me a note. Or if you know of any other forum that might perhaps be better suited in this regard, well, that information would be appreciated as well.

Thanks in advance for any help you may be able to provide.

Todd.

We got a real good group that hits Lake travis frequently. Wait a bit and most of them will show up here.

Also look for SueJ and her family since they head for Travis several times a month.

Originally posted by Todd
If you have any interest in diving Lake Travis and need a dive buddy, please drop me a note. Or if you know of any other forum that might perhaps be better suited in this regard, well, that information would be appreciated as well.

I made it up to Travis once to dive, unfortunately it is a little bit far for me to make a regular habit out of it. As far as finding another forum... This is the best I have found so far, and I have seen a bunch. Welcome to the group and stick around for a while, you will see what I mean.

Dive often, but dive safe

John

I am up for diving lake travis any time. Just drop me a private message. I will be out of town for the next two weekends, but would be able to go for a midweek dive.

Davidofaustin, Larry, damselfish, and a few others live in the area. Drop someone a pm. You shouldn't have any trouble getting a buddy.

TwoBit

If you are looking for a buddy, I'm available pretty much any evening out of the week and on most weekends. I am taking a nitrox class next weekend so I won't be around, but the following weekend (27-28) I'll be around so let me know.

~Adam

So hit me with a PM sometime & I'll try!

By the way - You want to wait a bit... I was there this weekend with a class & the conditions were ugly.

10 feet flooded, vis ~8 feet at 6 ft. depth and down to ~4 feet at 20 ft depth. [and worse than taht below!]
We were hanging on to the class to keep them together and got to practice the "lost diver" routine a couple of times!

It's SUPPOSED to be dropping about a foot a day if the present storm doesn't interceed. It'll probably take a bit more than that to get it semi-clear again.

Because of the bad vis it isn't worth it to dive with a buddy. You will spend the whole time looking for each other. I may go out on Wednesday by myself and just practice bouyancy. I don't mind spending a whole tank working on bouyancy. Right now I am working on maintaining a constant depth without any visual cues (which is good in low vis!).

Getting better is all about drills!

I've just finally got all my gear and I'm looking for dive buddies for the weekends/evenings. PM me if you want to go.

Yeah I'm gonna do a shallow solo dive this week too. Just relax and work on some basics.

I will be out at the private windy point on Wednesday around 6 (I think the pisces scuba club is out there on wednesday evenings.

Back
Top Bottom