seeking for mantas

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

marino70

Reaction score
Hello!

I am planning my holidays and my wife and my "desire" is to dive with mantas......
we definetely miss this experience!!!

:10:

I would have some tips about which would be the best destination to go this summer (let's say in august). Could somebody help?

thanks a lot in advance

Marino

Yap.

Kona on the big island has a manta night dive that is pretty consistent too. there is a 14 ft wing span on "Big Bertha" i think they call her. Hawaii probably more affordable but I would love to go to Yap.

Thanks for the tips.
The only concern about yap is the weather: will be ok in August?

I am living in italy and this makes really no big differences between Hawaii and Yap.
Is it possible to dive with Mantas in Hawaii ? where ?

thanks again
Marino

Kona, Hawaii (The Big Isand). There is lots of good info around, video etc. maybe check with Jack's dive locker.

We expect to have great manta rays in August on the Ningaloo Reef. Both from Coral Bay (south bit of Ningaloo) and Exmouth (north bit of Ningaloo). Most of the interaction is done on snorkel as they are right at the surface most days. We also try to go to known cleaning stations to dive with them, but of course, they aren't there every day and some days the conditions do not allow us to access those sites.

I'm looking forward to the season!!

hawaii and yap are very expensive I think. At manta point in bali, the mantas are always there, and bali is a good value, with lots of great diving and other things to do. you can see them during the day (I think in hawaii its mainly at night). the best place to dive manta point is to take a dive boat out of padang bai, there are 5-6 dive shops there.

Scott

I just got back form Kona and did my second night dive with the mantas. Extordinary. Like Cirque De Soliel with mantas! Really...I am a DM and this is easily one of my top 5 dives I have ever done. Ya kinda need to get past the "staged" portion of the dive but then it is simply beautiful. Cost was around $100 bucks for a dusk dive of the area and then a night dive in the same place with the mantas. Yes, Big Bertha is still alive and well.
Jacks' Dive Locker is great if ya like crowds or you are a newbie. I would also recommend Big Island Divers. They were very nice too!
Good luck and happy bubbles
Susie

Maldives LOB - guaranteed. Well-chosen Maldives resort - guaranteed.

Mozambique. You'll see mantas and whale sharks. And not too expensive to get to or stay, either.

We get mantas as well, but if you are going just for a manta-watching expeditition, Moz is what I'd recommend.

Vandit

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom