Seek PG Dive Operation catering to Photogs

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Kilili

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
Went to PG last year, and the longest dive I was allowed was 50+ min, unlike the 90 min dives in Anilao, Bohol, Dauin. Looking for an operation not trying to cram 4-5 short dives into the day. Something more personal, with longer dive times, guides that are good spotters for subject material, not babysitters. I'm primarily a solo diver, but it does help to have an extra set of eyes in the water.

Puerto Galera dive operators, at least the few I dealt with, seem to have an over-abundance of rules and such, something I've not encountered elsewhere. Can I find something more relaxed, or just do my diving elsewhere?

You must be diving with Cocktail Divers at Garden of Eden.
I never heard other operators being so.......
Try LBC since they have THREE dive boats.

Searider, a filipino dive op/outfit. They'll pretty much let you do your thing, i.e. spend an hour or more underwater or come up with only 200 psi in your tank.

I have another idea but that could be costly!
Enrol a twin tank diving course(recreational) with either Capt. Gregg or LBC. After certification, they would have to assign a dm with twin tank to dive with you.

Atlantis PG has special facilities especially for photographers and their cameras and they have specially trained dive masters catering to the special needs and requirements of underwater photographers. I suggest you check them out

Hi Ken,

I would recommend SEA RIDER DIVE CENTER. They dont mixed up photographers and fun divers. Sea Rider mostly gives you what want and excellent macro spotter.

Recently they have this English photographer supposedly just diving for 3 days diving and will be moving to another place after his 3 days stay. He end up staying almost 3 weeks with them and doing maximum of 90+ minutes (single tank) per dive, also depends on your air consumption and 3 times a day dive

Dive prices are the cheapest in Sabang, Puerto Galera.

Safe diving...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom