Seeing the world through...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

spright

Registered
Reaction score
Okay...I decided to get the Scubapro Twinjet fins (graphite) and not the Flip snorkel (it was recalled...ah well) but am looking again at my mask choices.

I really want a low-volume model since I have a smaller face and was looking at the Tusa Splendive IV, the SeaQuest Idea, the Mares Opera, or the SeaVision 2000. Which would probably be the best choice?

-Elizabeth

It is a good Idea to buy a mask that fits your face structure. Being a divemaster I spend alot of time wearing my mask during the week, I went from dive shop to dive shop until I found the right one that fits. Funny thing about my mask that I wear is that its not a top of the line mask, but it performs for me like one though. The best advice that I can give is try all of them on until you find one that fits, and make sure your diveshop has a return policy if it dosn't perform in the warter like it should.

I have to agree with surfh2o...I looked at a large variety of masks and even had all the masks rated according to Rodales equipment reviews, but when it came right down to it and I found a mask that fit my face better than any other mask (an Aqua Lung Hawaii 3), it turned out that it was one of Rodales most poorly rated masks (mainly because of high volume).

This is the reason I dont take a lot of stock in reviews for equipment such as fins, snorkels, masks, etc...I think when it comes to that equipment it is just a matter of personal choice.

Happy Diving!

Drizz

Surfh20 is right. You need a mask that fits and you are comfortable with. Just a thought for those of us who are half blind without our glasses, I've been using a US divers and it is fine. However I have just come upon the Mares ESA mask. It has the full front lenses and side lenses but they have also added two lower lenses separate from the front ones. It is great for bifocals. I have my normal prescription in the main panes and my bifocal prescription in the lower panes. Makes looking at my gauges real easy and keeps my distance vision from being blurred by the bifocal interference.

I also have the scubapro split fins. They are great. I have traded my graphite fins with a friend who had the ones that don't float, though. My feet don't want to stay down! But I can keep up with anyone now and not have to fin as hard. That's the trick with these fins. You use smaller strokes with your legs to make them work properly.

You might also try out the Apollo Bio-Fins, they work equally as well as the Scubapro Fins & I believe they're cheaper also.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom