Secrets of the Coron Wrecks

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

McCDiver

Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Hi,

Earlier this year I went to Coron and stayed at Sangat Island Reserve which was great. Irako Maru was kind of a favorite of alot of people as the penetration is really good, espcially the engine room and engine room workshop. But I really enjoyed the Akistushima Maru best partly to do with her history and uniqueness as a sea plane tender. She was orginally attacked at Truk Lagoon, appently twice, but escaped only to be sunk later in Coron. In the engine room there is a small engine control room just past the 4 main engines, if you can mange to get inside, a squeeze for me through a small opening over what looked like a sealed door you will see alot of the old pressure gauges, fuse boxes are all still Inside and fully intact. Also still was some anti-aitcraft shells in what looked to be an elevator shaft.

I plan on going back to Coron early in the new year to check it out again and look for my intact stuff. Anyone have any other secrets of the Coron wrecks I can explore on my return?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom