Secret Bay, Bali

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

wahlaoeh

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Hi there, anyone dived this site recently?? I was planning to do two dives there this sat but received an email from travel agent suggesting to forgo, saying the previous guest complained due to the dive site is almost blank...

thanks.

jovin-

This is from a Jan 05 news letter that I just received from Aqua Marine in Bali. Can't guarantee anything but they have been reliable in the past.

Secret Bay

Temp 23-25; Vis 5-10M

Common reef seahorses, Shaggy frogfish, green Ambon scorpionfish, juvenile red lionfish, Cockatoo waspfish, Snake eel, Painted frogfish, Bobbitt worms, nudis.

What was the previous guest looking for? Was he a true muck diver or looking for typical reef stuff?

Hi jcclink,
I am not sure what the previous guest was looking for?? but accordingly to the feedback from the DM, they can't find the seahorses & others..
This dive site seems to be having some seasonal change, check out this link...
http://www.starfish.ch/dive/Bali-north.html

I am into muck diving so decided to try out the new dive site in Bali, Puri Jati.

Thanks.

Happy bubbles,
Jovin-

Hit SB in Nov... sea horses were harvested, 1 frogfish and the usual suspects were few and far between. And don't go to Puri Jati... IT'S MINE!!! IT'S ALL MINE!!! LOL

scubashooter:
Hit SB in Nov... sea horses were harvested, 1 frogfish and the usual suspects were few and far between. And don't go to Puri Jati... IT'S MINE!!! IT'S ALL MINE!!! LOL

Do you mean they actually saw people harvesting seahorses from the bay? The last time I was there, there were only 3-4 seahorses. Hardly seems worth the trouble.

Could it be a result of predation? Or just bad luck?

I hope to return one day and still find seahorses there.

This is serious muck diving and only started in the last 4-5 years.
I'd do it one day and contrast it with the Beautiful wall of Menjagen Island the next day as both are so close to each other.

Back
Top Bottom