Second Time out with the A620

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

booth22

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
Hey everyone, finally got some pics from LaJolla posted. This was the second time out with camera (internal strobe only). If you click on the pictures it will take to the series of that creature. Enjoy and feel free to give comments/suggestions. You can also view my Utila pics as well. Thanks- Booth

http://www.mpsaz.org/wilson/staff/msenloe/scuba.htm

Nice pics, but have you considered turning your flash off and setting your manual white balance and then adjust it in Photoshop?

Hi. Well, after long research I finally bought a A620 and WP90 and received them late today. I understand the WP90 manual to indicate that both the Diffusion Plate and the LCD Monitor Hood should have cords attached to them, right? Well, the monitor hood did, but the diffusion plate didn't, and I tried attaching the monitor hood cord to the diffusion plate, but it wasn't big enough, so I'm thinking that I'm missing a cord. Did your diffusion plate come with a cord? Thanks -- Mach

Thanks Booth22. It may be just a small cord, but I certainly don't want to lose the diffusion plate underwater. Do you happen to own an A620 WP90 combo? Mach

mach2plus:
Thanks Booth22. It may be just a small cord, but I certainly don't want to lose the diffusion plate underwater. Do you happen to own an A620 WP90 combo? Mach

I lost my diffusion plate during a night dive.
It probably is wise to use one of the lanyards/cords that are included to secure the diffusion plate.

The lcd monitor hood not so much.., think it's next to impossible for that to fall off.

Hi Jamdiver. After putting the lcd monitor hood on the housing, I was wondering if it was really needed at all underwater. What's your take on that? Mach

mach2plus:
Hi Jamdiver. After putting the lcd monitor hood on the housing, I was wondering if it was really needed at all underwater. What's your take on that? Mach

I think so, it helps to focus your eyes on the image.

It's hard to explain but without the hood, I personally find that it is hard for me to notice details of the image, whether it seems out of focus, or the composition isn't quite right et cetera.

On land I would say it is a necessity, especially if you're out in the sun, which divers typically would be during a surface interval..
LCD screens are notoriously difficult to read in the sunlight without some sort of shade.

Thanks. Just another thing that I'd chance to lose, so I thought that I'd ask. Don't know if you've got any experience with other type uw housings, but do you happen to know if other manufacturers recommend keeping the o-ring on the housing when not in use? Canon says to keep it on (with the housing open, so it won't deform), but I'm thinking that I can take it off, put it in a baggy, and then close the housing, if just to keep the dust out. Any ideas? Mach

mach2plus:
Thanks. Just another thing that I'd chance to lose, so I thought that I'd ask. Don't know if you've got any experience with other type uw housings, but do you happen to know if other manufacturers recommend keeping the o-ring on the housing when not in use? Canon says to keep it on (with the housing open, so it won't deform), but I'm thinking that I can take it off, put it in a baggy, and then close the housing, if just to keep the dust out. Any ideas? Mach

I keep my housing closed but not latched with the o-ring in place.

I store the housing in a sealed plastic bag to try and reduce/eliminate the amount of possible contaminats...

There's a school of though that everytime you remove the o-ring, you're stressing it and shortening its life.
Or at least so i've read..

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom