Sechelt - March 31 - April 02

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MXGratefulDiver

Mental toss flycoon
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
I've got a few open spots left for a 3-day week-end at Porpoise Bay Charters in Sechelt for the March 31 to April 02. If anyone's interested in joining the trip, send me a PM.

This will be a 3-day week-end … leaving early Friday morning to get up there. We'll be doing one dive Friday afternoon, three dives on Saturday, and two dives on Sunday morning. We'll be wrapping up our diving about 1 PM Sunday and making a mad dash for the 2:30 PM ferry out of Langdale. Assuming we make it (we all did last trip) that will put you home early evening on Sunday.

Cost of the trip to you will depend on the exchange rate that week-end … it's $325 Canadian plus 7% GST. I'll need a $100 deposit to hold your spot, then in mid-March I'll do a "best guess" to collect the balance, and during the trip I'll sit down with Kal and figure out the exact rate for the week-end based on the exchange rate at the time. You will either owe a bit more or get a bit back, depending on how the exchange rate fluctuated. I do it this way because Kal gives an extra 5% discount if we pay in cash or check … and I pass that back to you. FWIW – at today's exchange rate that's $287.17 USD.

The trip includes six dives, lodging, and five meals (breakfast, lunch, dinner on Saturday … breakfast & lunch on Sunday). We are responsible for our own dinner on Friday evening … this last trip we just went to the restaurant next door. You'll need cylinders for three dives on Saturday (we're out, basically, all day on the boat). Kal does fills in the evening, and nitrox is available for $10 Canadian per cylinder.

You will need at least an AOW certification, since we will be diving the Chaudierre (deep dive), Tzoonie Narrows (drift dive), and our Friday afternoon dive most likely won't end until after dark.

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

wish i could make it up there Bob.. thats my favorite place to dive and imoa the best dive charter hands down!!!!

I agree...
You cannot beat Kal and Annes price for 6 dives, air, lodging and all meals (ok, 'cept for one)....It is the best Place...IMO
Kirsten

Dang, have a business trip that's too close to this weekend otherwise I'd go for it too. Bob, do you know what Porpoise Bay's minimums are for number of divers and days of diving? Would like to plan a trip up there later in the year, say the May - June timeframe. Thanks for your feedback.

Bill

Hi Bill ...

I don't ... but I have found that Kal is very good about answering e-mail (you can link to his e-mail addy from the Porpoise Bay web site).

I have eight currently signed up for this trip ... would like four more.

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

Hi Bob,

Thanks, I'll send Kal an email and see what he says.

Bill

Did Kal say anything about diving Skukumchuck ( I know, I know....... the spelling is not even close) rapids

That would be an attraction.

JUMBO

Ooh! That is a fantastic site...The Glory Hole....gee I wish I was going....but that thing called WORK!!! Sheesh...
K

One spot left ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

~Bob....you are tempting me....Maybe I should have an "I" problem that weekend...? "I" can't see going into work...HE HE!!! :)
K

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom