seavision color corrective lens

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

dougr52

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
i am going to purchase a seavision mask, i don't know if i want color corrective lens,what does everyone think about these lense ????

i am going to purchase a seavision mask, i don't know if i want color corrective lens,what does everyone think about these lense ????

The first Seavision masks we bought with the colour corrected lenses (see my profile picture). They were "nice". However, in lower vis or at night, they were not as good as clear lenses. So our subsequent prescriptions have been clear.

We sell quite a few tinted SeaVisions at my LDS, and my wife loves hers.
They're great for the issue they were meant to address - color correction at depth.
As SubMariner indicated, the downside is they reduce the light available to your eyes.
It's largely about having the right tool for the application. If you plan to own a backup mask anyway, having one of them be tinted may make sense.

I have one each.
I like the magenta when just putz diving at deeper depths to restore color.
Shallow, I like the clear, and also when I'm photographing.

The clear is preferable when night diving or diving in low viz conditions.

the K

I have been diving my tinted Seavision so long that I don't even know what colors are missing down there. As I dive more and more varied conditions, ie murky water, I am considering getting clear lenses next time to see if things might be a little brighter. If I was doing 90% of my dives in clear tropical waters I would stick with the tinted lenses. On night dives I do notice the tint topside but not UW. Awesome mask, 300+ dives on it and still loving it.

I have used the lenses for so many years too, love them and highly recommend. I also mostly dive in clear daylit waters, still I have loaned them to friends and they love them too.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom