Seattle in July?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Law5Guy

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I will be up in Seattle the week on July 4th and would like dive while there. Question is what is the typical water temp? Being from Florida... lol. Actually, I have done some cold water diving like Anacapa... 55 F I think it was. How about Seattle in the middle of Summer?

Tanks...
Bill

Law5Guy:
I will be up in Seattle the week on July 4th and would like dive while there. Question is what is the typical water temp? Being from Florida... lol. Actually, I have done some cold water diving like Anacapa... 55 F I think it was. How about Seattle in the middle of Summer?

Tanks...
Bill

Hello! Seattle is one of the great dive locations and it will be cold. 55 degrees at the surface and a little cooler at depth. http://www.weather.com/activities/recreation/boatandbeach/coastal/cstlwtrpac.html You will need a farmer john 7 mil or dry suit. We have many beach dive sites but I would recommend to you a dive charter. One of the most popular charters is www.banditocharters.com. Good Luck and enjoy the diving!

PugetDiver:
Hello! Seattle is one of the great dive locations and it will be cold. 55 degrees at the surface and a little cooler at depth.
Yup...I think the coldest I've picked up on my computer has been around 48 degrees, and more-or-less depth invariant. Usually stays at about 52 more or less year 'round. The Hood Canal, if you're on the peninsula tends to run a couple degrees warmer, and the 'Sound or Strait tends to run a little cooler, as far as I can tell.

Post another message when you're up here, or try www.northwestdiver.com when it gets close to your visit. There's plenty of people to buddy up with just about any day of the week, if you need a partner or a guide to the local sites.

-C

Back
Top Bottom